Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (will BLOW YOUR MIND)

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is a very grim depiction of our not so far off future.  This book was published in 1932, and slowly but surely everything Aldous warned, depicted, and damn near predicted is coming true (in the early 1930's he predicted birth control pills, that's pretty intense).  You don't need to read this book for the story (but don't get me wrong the story is great), you read it for the setting, and the overtones, and the impossibly close future that is screaming towards us (and let me tell you it isn't pretty).   This book is one giant pulsating in your face warning of the days to come and is the closest thing to knowing the future you may ever get.  Unfortunately, if you read it you'll never be able to "unread" it.  Brave New World just might distort your entire perception of the world.  You have been warned.


-An Update on the Blog itself-
I'm currently designing a logo and gonna find someone to update the layout of the blog.  No more blogger presets for me!  Hopefully you'll like the graphic changes to come.

-I'm also dead serious when I say I want you to drop me feedback or ideas.  Give me stuff to write about and I'll put your name in the post as a contributor!  Leave me a comment or e-mail me.  Hell I'll even start an advice column if enough people send me question or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment